Google Analytics

Saturday, January 25, 2014

EZ Street Finished - "Scrappy Snow Day"


Yeah, I know, that was like, LAST year's mystery.  But again, I have a baby now so I'm a little behind! ;c)
I've named this quilt "Scrappy Snow Day"
I used ALL SCRAPS in this quilt!  I did not buy ONE SINGLE thing that was new. . I used all the stuff in my stash that had been collecting dust for years and years.  All of my UGLYYYY fabrics.   This is just to keep us warm.  I wasn't trying to make a "pretty" quilt.  I was just trying to use up some uglies.   Bonnie patterns are always a LOT of work, but so worth it!  I'm hoping this will replace my OLD bonnie quilt "Carolina Christmas" that has been used in rotation on my bed that I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!  I need to retire it  because it is falling apart.   Of course when I made THAT quilt I did NOT use an accurate seam allowance nor did I know how to free-motion quilt (which makes the seams last longer.)  Also, I didn't know the importance of using bias binding.  So. .  the edges are fraying and worn out.  I'ts been washed weekly though, for how many years?  5?  6?

 Here are all my pieces ready to sew!  I had already finished the 4-patch step!
 Here is my finished blocks and triangle pieces.
 Finished top - OH POOP!  I messed up. . oh well, I'm keeping thisquilt so I'm leaving it ;c)
 Here I am getting ready to baste - I had to push two big tables together - this was a bigggg quilt!
 basting, basting....
 anddddd DONE!
 It's a snowy day here in Milton, WV - I used my fence as a quilt model ;c) It's very windy too!

 Scrappy Backing!
 Brrrrr. . windy!
 The footprint of my husband's shoes haha
 My foot print in the deep snow drift!

3 comments:

  1. Your "Scrappy Snow Day" is beautiful with the blues. What a coincidence, with all the cold and snow, I pulled out my unfinished Easy Street mystery quilt. I have six more half squares to put together and then I can start joining my blocks. Unlike you, I have no excuse for being late. Hopefully, I'll be posting it on by blog soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For not aiming for a"pretty" quilt, it sure is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is a beautiful quilt. Are you telling me there's a mistake there, because I sure dont see one. Don't point it out :)

    ReplyDelete