Google Analytics

Sunday, October 28, 2012

My handmade Halloween Costume







For this pattern, I used Simplicity Renaissance pattern 3809.

Simplicity Sewing Pattern 3809 Misses Costumes, U (16-18-20)


   I am horrible at garments, but I did make it through!  Some of the things I learned when making this pattern:   Grommets/eyelets, Boning, adding Lace accents, and bustling an overskirt.   
I'm most excited about the boning and grommets though.  I really think this will come in handy in the future.  

My mom things we look like the characters from Les Miserables that sing "Master of The House" - Monsieur and Madame Thenardier. 


 I didn't make my husband's costume  - we just used a dracula store-bought costume for him.  we ditched the cape that came with teh costume and instead used a midieval looking jacket that we found at our local flea market for $5.


4 comments:

  1. Love your costume! You and your husband make a handsome couple! It looks like you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your costumes were terrific! Pretty soon you'll be doing re-enactments and Little Theater groups.
    I'm totally jealous of your Orca Bay! Good going!
    And the WV Pepperoni rolls sound so yummy I must try them, thanks for great instructions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great costumes!You two look so cute!
    BTW
    I was tagged in a game of Blog-Tag and in turn Tagged YOU.
    http://mylifealittleofthisalittleofthat.blogspot.com/2012/11/i-have-been-tagged.html
    Hope you’re having an awesome day!
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Katie, I've stopped by from Carla's Blog Tag game to check out your fab costumes! Great job on the costume. I'm your newest follower and I'd love if you would come over and follow me too!

    ReplyDelete