Google Analytics

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Happy Birthday to me ;c)




It's mah birthday!
And what will I be doing today?!
I've been working on a T-shirt quilt for a customer. These quilts are made up of some GORGEOUS t-shirts . . so the quilts will be awesome.


The blank areas of the quilt I filled in with some fancy quilting. There were two plain white areas I added to this quilt. In one area I appliqued "2012" with raw-edge applique. In the other I free-motion embroidered the girl's name "Molly" with a wide, zig-zag stitch.

The school colors are Burgundy and White. I'm using burgundy as the backing fabric and right now I am planning on binding in black. Just because I think black will look much better than white. ;c)


4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to you!!! How wonderful to be able to spend the day doing something creative that you love! The quilt is going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is going to make a great quilt for Molly! I've heard others talk about t-shirt quilts being hard to quilt, but yours looks fab! :o) Love the FMQ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome quilting on that beauty!! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!!!!! Hope you have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing!!! You are going to have to show me how you do this. I'm getting ready to make a baby quilt for Brian's new baby. No fancy quilting.....just stitch in the ditch.

    Out of all my 'greats' I can only remember yours Happy Birthday. Love Ya!!

    ReplyDelete