Google Analytics

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Art---> Quilt---->Tote

A while back, my sweet friend Tamara, did me a huge favor by giving me her old blackberry cellphone. I go through many phones and the one she gave me has lasted longer than any other.

I wanted a way to thank her for her generosity.

Tamara is quite the artist, and one day she posted this photo on facebook:
Tam's Photo

Isn't it beautiful?? I told her that one day I would make it into a quilt....well, a quilted TOTE actually ;c)

Here is my interpretation of her piece of art, and the resulting quilted tote.
b6


Here's a step-by-step:
a1
a2
Leaves and STems
a3
adding flowers
a4
Adding Birds
a5
Basting

a6
outline quilting/ raw-edge applique
a7
Quilting the heart background
a8
Quilting Paisleys in the tote background
b1
Opposite side of the tote - quilted with paisleys
b2
The "wrong" side of the "quilt" - This orange fabric will be covered up with lining.
b3
Finished Tote!
b4
Back of finished tote
b5
again
b7
Lining/Pockets
Tam's Photo
Tamara's ARtwork once again
closeup
My interpretation - can you see the little beaded embellishments? I used beads as the flower stamens, and eyes of the birds!

5 comments:

  1. Great tote! She should be happy to have you as a friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful tote, Katie! She's going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie Wiseman I ABSOLUTELY love it! I cannot wait to have it! Thank you so so much for creating this for me! - Tamara R. <3 =) <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is wonderful!! Great tote and inspired by the recipients art, I LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete