Google Analytics

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

George Foreman Waffle Pancakes




This idea is for use with a REGULAR George Foreman Grill, NOT the ones with the removeable plates for waffles. ; )
My friend Melanie, who recently moved to Alaska is always updating her Facebook with tons of fascinating pictures of her life in AK. I'm amazed at all her photos of the Alaska sky, wildlife.. and food. =cD I saw her do this and just HAD to try it!!

Here's the General Idea:
*Mix up your batter (I use the Walmart brand - JUST ADD WATER!!)
*Prop up your George Foreman with something (I use the pan from my toaster oven)
***I would lay a towel down under the grill so it doesn't slip.
*Get the grill hot for a minute (or so) and melt some butter on it
*Pour on your batter - close the lid
*Wait for about 30 seconds (if that long)
*Open the lid, and Flip UPSIDE DOWN and ROTATE 90 degrees
***This adds the pretty waffle/grill marks on your flapjacks
*Wait another 30 seconds (or less)

DONE!
Now you can add your syrup, fresh sliced fruit, whipped cream... *or*
Do as I did...

add French vanilla ice cream, caramel syrup, and chopped walnuts.

1 comment: